Technology Development Special Economic Zone
The residents of the SEZ «St. Petersburg» shall implement technology development activities which includes innovative activities; design, manufacture, and sale of R&D deliverables; design and sale of computer software, data bases, integrated circuit topographies, information systems, as well as rendering services on their integration and maintenance.
St. Petersburg is one of the largest industrial, transport, and economic centers of the country. The city is situated at the intersection of sea, river, and land highways; it is good for logistics, has a favorable investment climate and stable economy.
- More than 7 mln of tourists
- 43 state universities
- Favorable geographic position
- Large financial market
- Developed transport infrastructure
- More than 300 scientific organizations
- Over 5 mln of citizens
- Proven experience of localization of leading global companies
Exemptions and Concessions
For the SEZ residents, special business conditions are valid. The residents receive access to available business infrastructure, preferential conditions of connection to utility networks, preferential lease conditions, tax concessions and customs preferences. This allows the investor to significantly reduce the costs for launching a new production.
Within the SEZ, the reduced profit tax rates are valid as follows:
- 2% when paying to the federal budget,
- 12.5% — when paying to the St. Petersburg’s budget.
Reduced Insurance Fee Rates
* For IT companies 14% rate is valid from 2017 till 2023
Novoorlovsky customs post
The customs procedure «free customs zone» is applied within the SEZ «St. Petersburg» allowing to import equipment and components for the SEZ residents on preferential terms.
Novoorlovsky customs post operates at sites
- Checkpoints for motor transport
- Customs control zone
- Parking for heavy vehicles
- Inspection area with a canopy
- Truck scales
Free Customs Zone (STZ) procedure advantages for SEZ residents:
- Moratorium of customs duties
- No costs for a temporary storage warehouse
- Flexible system of customs payments: customs duties and VAT are paid either entirely for the final product or only for its foreign components
- Capability of duty-free placement of foreign goods within the SEZ during practically unlimited period of time
- Own customs station
Preferential Land Purchase Conditions
The managing company enables the residents to connect to the utility networks of JSC SEZ allowing to reduce the project capital expenses by nearly 30%
Import and Export of Innovative Products
The preferences offer the foreign business to develop its products at the end distribution area with due regard to its macro and micro factors. The SEZ helps to create a competitive product for the Russian consumer or to arrange an efficient, export-oriented production with engagement of the top Russian personnel, resources, and technologies.
Stability and Safety
The SEZ Project is supervised by the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation at the federal level, operation of the project is performed at the regional level. This is a guaranteed of stable and safe investors’ operation at the Russian market.
Special Ecosystem and Dialog with Government Authorities
Besides the preferences, the residents receive opportunities for business interaction within the created SEZ ecosystem such as to establish communication with the government bodies and large businesses, to share experience. Interaction with government regulatory bodies becomes as simple and transparent as possible.
How to Become a Resident: 3 steps
Individual entrepreneur or commercial company incorporated in St. Petersburg
Application submission including the document package to the Committee for Industrial Policy and Innovations of Saint Petersburg
15 business days
Application evaluation by the SEZ Advisory Council
40 business days
Business agreement signature
15 business days
Document package for submission to the Committee
- Copy of certificate of incorporation
- Copy of certificate of registration with tax authorityе
- Copies of foundation documents
- Business plan
The Application shall include the following information:
- intended activities of the applicant
- required state and municipal properties
- required land area
- amount of investments
- utilities demand
Documents and presentations
Investor Relations Directorate
To become a resident of the SEZ «St. Petersburg», please contact our colleagues.
Deputy General Director, Investor Relations
+7 (812) 383-49-29, ext. 5004
Chief Manager, Investor Relations Directorate
+7 (812) 383-49-29, ext. 5003
Principal Specialist, Investor Relations Department
+7 (812) 383-49-29, ext. 5512